Thursday, July 31, 2014

Review of Liquid Puzzle Saver by Milton Bradley

Puzzles are like a relaxing solitude for me. I go into the zone, and ignore everything and anything, the mind goes blank and all that my mind thinks of is 'the piece'. The piece is the one piece of the puzzle I need in order to make a connection to another piece. This hunt and find game relaxes me, as all of my stresses get pushed aside for the time being.
When the puzzle is finished though what is one to do, I sit there staring at my beautiful work of art, I have 2 choices, I can either wreck it by putting it back in the box, or I could find a way to preserve it.
My Granny used to place her finished puzzles into large frames and give them out as gifts, but seeing how large frames are so damn expensive, I wanted to preserve it another way.
When I came across Puzzle Saver by Milton Bradley I was interested, and according to the 4 ounce bottle, the saver would dry in about an hour. I simply had to swipe this magic glue on top of my puzzle and a bond would be made, saving my puzzle.
I bought the bottle for about $4.00, and hoped that I hadn't just spend too much money on a product that was just glue in a bottle with a fancy name. The glue itself was a clear glue with an antique sort of tint. It reminded me of Elmer's clear glues they sell for kids, and I had honestly hoped that I didn't just spend $4.00 on the same crap that I could have gotten for 99 cents. Then I began to wonder, why I didn't just glue it with regular glue only, putting the glue on the pack instead of the front? Man, I wish I thought of these ideas before I bought the Puzzle Saver. It was too late though, I bought it, and I had to use it.
On the coffee table sat my big blue and pink fairy glow in the dark puzzle. I wondered if the glue would ruin the glowing effect. Eh, I unscrewed the cap of the Puzzle Saver. Attached to the top of the lid was an applicator brush, I started with one of the puzzles corners like the bottle recommended and worked my way around the puzzle. The glue smelled just like Elmer's, and I had this feeling I got ripped.
As I worked my way around the puzzle the glue started to clump up and get dry on me, so I had to stop, and continue a few hours after that one section had fully dried. I then gave it another coat, and allowed that to dry.
The next day I went to check out how well it worked, and would yah look at that, it was bonded. I was able to lift the entire puzzle up without a single piece coming off. I then brought it downstairs and tacked it to my wall. Success, I had my first piece hanging on the wall without the need of an expensive frame.
The next morning though was a different story. The bond gave way and I found my puzzle on the floor. It had not fallen to pieces, it just had a few areas that came loose in sections that needed to be re-glued. So thats what I did, mhm.
Again though the puzzle fell to the floor. I guess the need for a frame was obvious. I had glued and re-glued the puzzle time and time again, and then a thought hit me, I had a solution that did not involve glues, or drying times, or bonds that would come loose, I had the perfect puzzle saving solution, that WOULD work.
Hehe, and the solution sat right in my kitchen drawer. Duct Tape!!!!!!!!
I duct taped the entire puzzle in the back and then hung it back on the wall. The puzzle still sits there, it has yet to fall to the floor, and to be honest I don't think it's going to.
So Milton Bradley you cheap bastards sold me expensive Elmer's glue in a new fancy bottle, but hey, I'm ahead of your game... pass the news, duct tape yet again has another use to add to thee book of 'uses for duct tape'.
So for all of you puzzle fanatics out there, duct tape works better than any glues you can find. Its fast, easy and reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment