Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Gray Alien Body Prop - A Great Halloween Decoration

My dad loves anything that involves aliens. Whether it be books, documentary's, clothing, or props; he loves them. A few summers ago while visiting my uncle in the city he had something special for me to bring back home. He initially gave it to me, but I knew just the fella that would adore it.
It was a Gray Alien Body Prop. This little gray alien standing up measures in at 4 feet tall. The moment I saw him perched up on a chair in my uncles apartment, I wanted him. He was made of rubber latex, and was foam filled, however his limbs had bendable metal wires inside so I was able to position him the way I wanted. Even his fingers included the wire, so I was able to give people the middle finger, or have him hold small light objects.
The photo I have included does not really do him justice. When you are up close you will see how much time and effort went into painting him and making him look realistic. His body although is mainly gray comes colored with veins, and green vein areas on his head and face.
His eyes are black, and are oval shaped. His ribs are visible looking, and he has no belly button, breast or private parts, so he/she is able to be left out naked. However what's cool is that you can dress it up. He is able to fit into clothes that would fit a 3 or 4 year old child. So if you want you can be extra bizarre and dress him up. You can add a wig or a hat and leave him at your front window for visitors to see.
Quality:
I have had this alien for quite some time now, and so far the rubber latex has withstood being bent around, and stored out open in the basement when Halloween is over. Even in the moist basement atmosphere the Gray Alien Body is still in perfect condition(only he smells a little musty now). His paint has never peeled, and his wiring can still be bent.
Where did my uncle get him though?
This is still a mystery. I assume he picked him up at a local Halloween shop a few blocks from his home, although I never bothered to ask.
Recently though, I came across a site selling the 4 foot tall Gray Alien Body Prop. The price however startled me, and I felt bad for accepting such an expensive prop. At $297.00, I felt terrible for taking him home, but he insisted, and I hope he didn't pay that much for the alien.
If you can find him cheaper on amazon or on ebay I would recommend buying him there.
Why the Gray Alien Body Prop?
Why!? Because no one else will have one. The alien also makes for an awesome addition to place on the couch during a Halloween party.
This alien is also a sure pleaser for those interested in aliens and sci-fi (like my dad, whom by the way loved the alien).
Where to get your own alien if you can't find it on an auction site?
You can pick him up at www.nightmarefactory.com for the price mentioned above. Here at the site you can also pick him up in flesh color. I however recommend the gray colored alien.
Overall, you will not be disappointed in this little guy. The alien is made of high quality materials that will last for years and years. When you spend a lot of money on a prop, you get a lot in return; and what you get is a realistic looking alien, that will shock, surprise, and bring laughs to your guests.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment