Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Lab Jar Eyeballs - Halloween Prop Review

I've done it again; I went and bought yet another Halloween prop. This prop however was bought on a whim, and I actually regret the purchase now that I have it home.
The Lab Jar Eyeballs was staring me down as I browsed my local Target's Halloween section (which I might add, sucked), I passed by everything and saw the Lab Jar Eyeballs hidden behind a bunch of tattered tin Halloween signs.
The jar way empty, and it was up to me to fill it with water. Inside the jar was a plastic package filled with about 10 eyeballs. The eye balls have this easter like red grass that hangs from each of the eyes. When the jar is filled with water these ridiculous easter grass strings are supposed to look like eyeball veins or something.
I bought it only because I love odd things in jars as Halloween props. I have aliens, body parts, heads, and all types of odd water jar props. Because I did not own eyeballs in a jar, I figured why the heck not!?
While peeking inside the jar at the blue eyeballs, I accidentally hit a button located on top of the jars lid. All of a sudden the lab jar began to make cool squishy noises, while an inside light lit up. After that it would not shut up, and it kept going and going. It turned out I had the jar set on sensor.
Yep! The eyeball jar comes with a sensor, so whenever someone makes noise or walks by the jar it will go off making noise, and lighting up. I would of preferred a plug in so it could go on whenever I wanted, for as long as I wanted. But oh well! I settled for the double AA battery jar anyhow.
My Use:
At home I filled the jar to the water level mark which is indicated on the plastic jar. After that I ripped open the eyeball package and dumped them inside.
What sucked was that 6 of the eyeballs sank right to the bottom! They were supposed to float, because inside of the jars lid is a plastic piece that wishes the eyeballs around to make it look as if they are moving. Now that there were only 4 eyeballs floating, the effect sort of sucked....no it really sucked.
Within a day or so, 2 more eyeballs sank to the bottom. They are waterlogged, so the plastic piece that shoots down from the lid to swish the eyeballs around is totally pointless.
The jars sensor works like a charm. It goes off making the swishing noises when, the dog barks, when the door opens, when someone talks too loud, when someone walks by, when our bird chirps...the damn thing goes off a lot!
Overall:
It's a fake looking piece of crap. I still kick myself for even bringing it home thinking it would make a neat prop. This is the most pathetic prop I have brought home in a long time. But seeing how Target is carrying pathetic props this year, I settled for the best thing they had. (They have way better Halloween props online at their site though).
Recommendation:
Sorry for the price, I can't recommend it. If it were to go on sale for $4.99, (what it is really worth) then yes, I would recommend it. As of now though it's a lame waste.
Pricing and availability:
You can pick this jar up at Target for $14.98. You can also pick it up at www.thingsyouneverknew.com for a bit more. If you feel you do want it though, go to Target.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment