Monday, July 28, 2014

Movie Review of Unrest Part of the 8 Films to Die For

Plot Details: This opinion reveals major details about the movie's plot. Warning: Spoilers ahead!
I finally got hold of another film from the 8 films to die for collection. I've been obsessing about seeing each and every one of them, even though some of the ones I have already seen sort of sucked, I still couldn't wait to watch them all.
Up on the chopping block today is Unrest.
This particular horror flick uses real cadavers in some of the scenes, knowing this is supposed to add to the horror and creepiness of the movie I suppose. It's probably the main reason as to why the masses couldn't wait to get their hands on the movie. Yes America, we are sick.
How many of you want to see it now just knowing that they use real corpses? A lot of you huh!? A show of hands please. Sick!
The use of real cadavers isn't what bothered me about the movie though. What bothered me was why real bodies were used? Man if I donated my body to science, I'd be so flipping angry if someone used it in a movie afterward! Oh yeah I'd haunt you to pieces!
That's sort of what the movie is about here ironically enough. There's this stiff see... and she's mad see... she wants revenge or something.
Wait, hold up, I'm frigging confused!?
Okay so there is a group of medical students who are working on a particular corpse to learn for their medical class. However as the operation goes on one of the students begins to get all emotional when it comes to the cadaver. Instead of playing the good medical student, she's playing the role of a good detective, which really threw me off.
"Oh dear, these wounds are self inflicted on the body! I better investigate it fast!"
Right after the girl gets all emotionally attached to the stiff, is when all the weird things start happening; the students swear the corpse started breathing a few times, and odd noises keep coming from the body. Things like that. Small things.
Then suddenly murders start happening, and possession is brought into the picture.
However as good or lame as that all sounds, I was kept on the edge of my seat just waiting for this damn thing to get up and really get the movie going. Maybe go eat the flesh of some humans, or kill them in weird unusual manner. Something cool like that.
I was growing tired of the mystery murders, and the talk of possession, and the running around in circles that seemed to take place all too much in the film. I wanted to see the stiff get up and really wreak havoc. The whole movie though, was on a spiritual level when it came to revenge.
How do you stop a vengeful spirit? Well now, that'd just give it all away now wouldn't it? I will tell you this though, it's actually pretty basic in this flick.
...Or is it?
What Was Good About Unrest?
Well for one the movie did leave you on the edge waiting to see what would happen next. The actors were pretty sincere to their parts although some failed miserably, the good actors made up for it.
Unrest had quite a few really good heart pounding moments throughout the movie.
What Sucked About Unrest?
The fact that the entire time you are waiting for this big blow out between the living and the dead, and the flame just flickers and dies, and leaves you as a viewer angry and pissed that you just wasted your time watching.
I also have no idea why a crush/love relationship was blossoming in the middle of a horror movie.
Hello! It's a horror movie. If I wanted a love story I would have rented The Notebook for cryin' out loud! Give me horror, only horror. I don't need some cheesy ass blossoming relationship of love in a horror flick.
Disturbing:
The use of the real dead bodies was not as disturbing as the beginning of the movie when a group of staff began talking about a stiff they just got in to the school, and how she had such nice boobs, and how it was a shame she was dead. This sort of talk was probably more disturbing than the entire movie was.
Overall Opinion:
Unrest was not good, but also not terrible. I have seen worse.
It was a bit better than the rest of the films I have viewed in the collection of 8 films to die for, but it was nothing that would creep you out.
Knowing that some of the cadavers were actually real is probably the biggest jeebie eeibie you will get from Unrest.
Recommended?
It's worth a rent yes, but not really worth a purchase, as I can't see anyone viewing this again after viewing it once.
Children should not view this film; it's an adult flick with some nudity, foul language, real cadavers, violence and blood.
Unrest is 88 minutes long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment