Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review of InterDesign Shower Caddy - Chrome

I picked up my InterDesign Shower Caddy; believe it or not; at a local yard sale about a year ago. I saw it sitting on a table for sale, and when I asked how much I was told $1.00. One cannot pass up such a deal, especially one who's bath tub looked like it had thrown up.
I have shampoos and conditioners on every available counter in my bathroom...this includes the tubs edges. Just getting in and out of the tub can at times be hazardous. The dang domino effect takes place if you accidentally hit one bottle of shampoo over. One bottle causes the one next to it to topple, and so on. The end result is a huge mess in the tub.
I knew the InterDesign Shower Caddy would not help me much, but it would at least get a few bottles in order. I could remove about 6 or 7 bottles and line them up on the caddy instead of on the tubs edge. Not to shabby. It looked like something I'd like. Heck...it may even give me room to buy more crap!
The InterDesign Shower Caddy is chrome, and has 2 shelves. The top shelf is designed to hold 5-6 bottles of shampoo and conditioner. The second shelf has a smaller outer gate which is designed to hold soaps, and small bottles of bathing items. At the very bottom of the caddy are 6 hooks for you to hang your shower brushes, and razors in.
The InterDesign Shower Caddy is designed to hang directly off of your shower head. Placed here it keeps things out of the way, while keeping things organized.
I placed mine over the shower head and began lining up the shelves. It fit 5 large bottles of conditioner and shampoo. The second shelf held 3 bars of soap, and my toothpaste (yes I brush in the shower). The 8 hooks quickly got filled up with a razor, a shower brush, sponges, and poofs.
Overall I managed to make quite a nice dent on my bathtubs edges. Yay! People can now go in and out without tripping over something.
The InterDesign Shower Caddy also comes with suction cups for you to position the caddy on the shower wall for sturdy positioning. I find though that the suction cups eventually loose their suction, so they are pretty pointless....but like; they're there...if you wanted them and all.
Issues:
One issue with the Caddy is that it has holes in the racks, so when your soap begins to get small it eventually slips through falling to the floor.
Another issue I have with it is when I accidentally bang into it while in the shower. When this occurs a lot of the bottles fall, and my razor always ends up on the floor, sometimes with the head broken because of it.
Besides these issues though I haven't had a problem with it. In the year I have owned it, it has not rusted, or broken...nor has it ever fallen.
I like how it organized a few of my things, and like how handy it is. Now if I could only find one with 6 shelves!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment