Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of Rice Krispies Treats Cereal

I grew up on Rice Krispies, as I am sure most 80's kids did. It was what our parents could afford. The good stuff, with a cheap snap, crackle, pop gimmick that made it seem fun to eat, even though it lacked the sugary marshmallows that Lucky Charms lured us in with.

That was until now...

I came across a box of limited edition Rice Krispies Treats Cereal, and even though I am not a fan of rice crispy treats in general, I was of course intrigued enough to buy myself a box. I am a fan of collecting every new, or limited edition box of cereal I come across, so it was not a wonder as to why I went ahead and bought something, I was near positive I would not like. I am a cereal hoarder, no lie!
At any rate, the box sat in my pantry for nearly 2 months before I finally decided to go ahead and give it a go.

The cereal in the box features semi large chunks of lightly marshmallow battered Rice Krispies. It smells light too, which I liked. Instead of an gooey glue like marshmallow substance holding the clusters together, we are given a very lightly dusted cluster, which looks rather appetizing, even for an adult.

Taste Test:
 
When dry Rice Krispies Treats Cereal delivers a mild rice crispy treat flavor. The marshmallow sort of drowns out the crunch that you would expect from a rice krispie, but it is a good drowning out of the crunch, because as you chew it, the crunch becomes more and more evident.

They did not over do the marshmallow mix in the cluster, so it is actually done well with a perfect balance of sugary marshmallow and rice krispies.

In milk the cereal just becomes more delicious, as the marshmallow melts and begins to instead flavor the milk.

Overall:
 
Not too much marshmallow flavoring, and a good mix of cereal and sugar. It's not overdone is what I am trying to say. A light and mild treat for breakfast! I like it! It's unfortunate that this one will not be found for much longer in stores.

Target still carries boxes of it, but once that supply is gone, you will likely have to pay more money for it on Amazon or Ebay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment