Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of Wii U, Write and Protect Pack

I unfortunately wish I would have purchased a screen protector for my Nintendo Wii U Game Pad the exact same day I bought the console. This is primarily because my Nintendo Wii U Game Pad stylus pen came with a jagged little flaw, that I did not even recognize before it was too late.

My stylus pen had a rough edge on one side of its tip, which resulted in me really scratching up my game pads touch screen.

Once I discovered the flaw, I realized that I needed a screen protector immediately, but I also needed a new stylus.

When I came across the Wii U, Write & Protect Pack, I felt anger toward Nintendo; was this something Nintendo already knew about? How convenient! New stylus pens and screen protectors!

The package came to $9.99, which is not too bad in price, but it stinks that Amazon sells similar bundles for far, far less in price. However with me needing both a screen protector and a new stylus immediately, I went the more expensive route, so I didn't have to wait for anything to come in the mail.

What You Get:
 
Inside of the Wii U Write & Protect bundle, you get 2 screen protectors designed to protect your screen, and 2 different colored stylus pens. I hoped to find one with a black stylus pen to match my Game Pad, but they did not have that option available. Inside of the slim envelope sized package you will also find a Wii U screen cleaner cloth.

How To Apply:

 
It's pretty self explanatory, however with the added cleansing cloth, you will need to wipe down your game pads touch screen with precision. Make sure there are no hairs, fibers, or any other debris stuck to the screen, otherwise you will mess the whole application process up.

My Use:
 
Unfortunately I totally destroyed the first screen protection filter. When I removed the sticky side protection seal, a small piece of plastic stuck to it, which I could not get off without smudging the protector. I ended up having to toss that one, and prayed with my second attempt that some little rouge piece of plastic did not float up and land on the sticky side of the screen protector as I tried to apply it.
I luckily was able to get the second one on, but not without flaw. There were still air bubbles underneath, which were a real pain in the butt to try and work out from underneath the seal.

Once the protector was on, I noticed that my touchscreen was not quite as responsive to touch than when I did not have one on it. It's really a catch 22, without the protection you risk scratching your screen, and with it responsiveness is not as on par. You have to press harder for the screen to respond, which I found to be a little annoying, but something I can easily get used to.

When it comes to the added stylus pens, there is nothing to write home about. Just 2 new colors, and they do have a selection of colors to pick from.

The added cloth is a bonus, which I liked, as it cleans the screen and the overall game pad with ease. The microfiber texture is likely what allows it to work so perfectly. Please though, make sure that when you use it on your screen that there is no dirt on it, as you could end up scratching your screen while cleaning it off with the cloth.

Overall:
 
I feel like I over paid for just a small cloth, and piece of plastic. Although I have a sense of protection now when it comes to my screen, the price is just way too high for what you get, and if you mess up applying the protector, you only have 1 more attempt. For the price of this set, they could have included more screen protectors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment