Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of Zenith 3 Shelf Tension Pole Shower Caddy Oil Rubbed Bronze Finish

After recently refinishing my bathroom, the only thing that I had lacking was a shower caddy. Back when I lived with my parents my mom had this extremely flimsy shower caddy tension pole, and every other week or so the entire thing would come toppling down; worse, was that sometimes it would topple down on top of you while in the shower!I knew that quality meant more money, in this day and age that is just how life is, so I had to take life by the reigns and spend a little more money on a sturdy shower caddy.

I figured, hey, $40.00 is a lot of money, so this here Zenith 3 Shelf Tension Pole Shower Caddy should be a nice sturdy pole caddy. Right? I mean the box made it look all fancy, and I had a pretty oil rubbed bronze color option to match my bathrooms interior. The 3 shelves look sturdy and elegant, and it even comes with a tiny little attachable soap dish and place to hang my razors.

Forty dollars later I headed home and began the set up.

The Zenith 3 Shelf Tension Pole Shower Caddy is easy enough to set up, with easy to follow directions for installation, but the pole instructions that were given to me were too long. Thankfully there are enough poles in the box for you to make adjustments to get it to fit on the ledge of your tub easily.
The thing about the caddy however was that it did not feel at all sturdy, and the quality was not as superior as I first had imagined.

The shelves, no matter how tightly I screwed them into place would slip down the pole. It works for now, but I know over time due to the tension grips being plastic, that inevitably the shelves will slip down and no longer hold tightly in place. So yes, there is indeed a major drawback when it comes to this tension pole caddy.

The shelves as of right now are all in place, and I liked that I was able to customize the placement of each shelf. However one of the tightening clips that came in my box was damaged slightly causing the very bottom shelf to just hang and swing back and forth with the lightest of touch. I sadly discovered this after setting it up, and was too irritated and angry to take it all apart and get a refund at the store.
Luckily the swinging shelf is held in place by the connecting pole at the bottom, otherwise if would just slip all the way to the ground. So for what it is, it works for now.

I have a few heavy bottles of shampoo and conditioner on each shelf, and for the past week since installation the shelves have not budged, so that makes me happy.

The tension pole itself however is very wobbly, and I know if I overload these shelves that they will eventually slip down, and the pole will more than likely just slip out of place. I am thinking of trying to silicone the pole into place for added durability, and possibly trying to gorilla glue my bottom shelf so it stops wobbling.

Overall:
 
The Zenith 3 Shelf Tension Pole Shower Caddy is a slight disappointment. For the price I paid, I expected a much higher quality heavy duty pole. I am not completely upset about it because it does look really nice in my tub, but it feels so fragile and flimsy that I know in due time I will eventually need to replace the whole thing, and for that price, I am not too happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment