Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of Target Home: Oil Rubbed Bronze Towel Tower - 5 Shelf

I have been remodeling my new bathroom for about a month now. I installed some pretty oil rubbed bronze in wall towel racks, a circular hand towel rack, and even the cute matching oil rubbed bronze toilet paper holder.

However when push came to shove, I still needed more space for storing of towels and other bathroom essentials, and without a linen closet I knew a rack of some sort would possible be able to give me that little added extra space for storage that I needed.

While browsing my local Target I came across what I thought would be absolutely perfect in the bathroom. The Target Home: Oil Rubbed Bronze Towel Tower. The tower was tall enough and came with 5 shelves for storage. I figured this was more thane enough shelving for my extra towels, and it also matched my bathroom items to the tee.

Unfortunately it was a little too wide for me to place it next to the toilet bowl, so I had to settle on hanging it off of the wall to keep it out of the way. It comes with a hang attachment that allows you to do this, but it looks ridiculously awkward when you do hang it. To keep it from looking strange, I decided to add a basket underneath the 4 legs to make it seem somewhat normal.

Set Up:

 
Setting the rack up was actually pretty easy, a screwdriver was all that was needed in order to put it together, and the instructions are laid out nicely so putting it together was a breeze.

The Target Home: Oil Rubbed Bronze Towel Tower is very sturdy once fully assembled, and even though I only needed it for a few towels I know it could withstand quite a lot more weight if I wanted to add bottles of shampoo or conditioner to it.

Overall:

 
It is a bit large for smaller bathrooms and will take up a bit of space, however if you have a decent sized bathroom this rack will tuck right away in a corner, and you also have that option there to hand it from the wall if you wanted. If hanging it from a wall, I would suggest cutting off the bottom legs otherwise it will look awkward.

Where To Purchase:
 
Obviously you can pick this rack up at Target. The price is just under $40.00, and in comparison to other wall racks or shelving units, this one is priced very nicely, and is just as sturdy as the higher priced shelving racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment