Monday, July 28, 2014

The Sims 2 Castaway for the Nintendo Wii - Review

I'm a loser. I have nothing cool or interesting to discuss about my real life, so it is clear as to why I am such a huge fan of The Sims. Since the Sims 1 hit shelves I was hooked; when The Sims 2 hit shelves I was hooked all over again. I could control lives. I could make a perfect family, or create a family of chaos. I could allow my Sims to strive...or allow them to die. I am God of these virtual people, and I love it.
When Maxis released it's first series of Sim Stories, I was a bit taken back. These new Sim Stories were not add ons for the actual game; they were in fact separate titles to be played separately.
It seemed stupid, I'm a fan of the Sims, but this whole Sim Stories concept didn't really appeal to me. I spend enough time playing with my Sims 2 game, so why would I want to throw in another game that does nothing for my actual Sims 2 game?
I dodged Sim Life Stories, and I dodged Sim Pet Stories. They just seemed like knock offs of The Sims2, and The Sims 2 Pets. Why the heck do I need them? Whats the point.
So I skipped.
However recently I learned about a Sim Stories that actually did appeal to me.
One of my favorite old school games to play on my PC is Survival Island. It's basically a Tom Hanks Castaway game, where you control a group of people on a deserted island. You had to find food for them, help them locate things, and help them build homes from the resources on the island.
I loved the game! When I heard about Sims Castaway Stories I was more than intrigued...I wanted a copy. I saw the commercial, I visited the site, and the game definitely seemed like something I could wither hours away playing.
Sims Castaway Stories is going to be available this winter as a Nintendo Wii game, a Playstation 2 game, a Nintendo DS game, a PSP game, and a PC game.
From what I know, the game basically chucks you onto a deserted island. However soon you discover you are not alone, as you manage to find other Sims wandering about in groups.
The goal is to basically work together to allow survival of your Sims. There will be other Sims on the island that you need to find. Each Sim you find will have his or her own unique ability that you will need in order for survival.
You can control all of the Sims you find, and you are not stuck to playing with just one Sim.
You will have the ability to build things out of resources, such as shelter. Your Sims will also need to do the things that they have done since the Sims 1 first released. Your Sims will need food, they will need to bathe, go to the bathroom, and so on.
In Sims Castaway Stories your Sims will not fall in love and have babies. This game is strictly about survival. Some Sims will die, and some will strive...it's up to you though to try and save them all.
The controls supposedly will be simple to use with the Nintendo Wii. The nun-chuck will be used to move your Sims around the island, and the Wii remote will be used to select things.
I assume that the Sims Castaway Stories will be similar to My Sims when it comes to using the remote. I imagine that it's going to be extremely easy to use.
Release Date:
The Sims Castaway Stories has been released on October 22nd...I have yet to get my hands on it, but when I do, you can expect a full follow up review on the game.
The game will run you $49.99 for the Nintendo wii.
Visit Gamestop to pick up the game for other consoles and hand held games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment