Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review of Coffee-Mate: Limited Edition Creamer, Peppermint Mocha

The first holiday coffee creamer I tried was from International Delight. It was actually Chocolate Mint Truffle. When I came across Peppermint Mocha from Coffee-Mate, I wondered if the flavor would be 100% exact to its competitor.
I usually love both companies, and I wanted to try both peppermint creamers. I was hoping though that Peppermint Mocha would be somewhat different. I loved the minty taste in my coffee when I used International Delights holiday edition creamer, so even if they did taste the same, I at least already knew I would love it.
Appearance:
Coffee-Mate Holiday Edition Peppermint Mocha comes in a smaller 16 ounce bottle, with a spout at the top. It seems that limited edition creamers ONLY come in these smaller 16 ounce bottles. (Not fair!).
Peppermint Mocha is pretty easy to find. The label is decorated with some Christmas flair. The bottles label is blue covered in some falling snowflakes. At the bottom left you will see a candy cane batch sitting in front of a fresh cup of coffee. There is your sign... bing...it's Peppermint Mocha. You miss it you're an idiot.
How Does It Taste?
When I first popped the spouts protective aluminum seal I was greeted with a gorgeous holiday aroma. The peppermint smell was definitely drool worthy. It reminded me of a candy cane. A sugary candy cane with a hint of vanilla.
It actually smelled a lot better than International Delights mint holiday creamer. It had a more realistic candy cane scent...where international delight had that grasshopper cookie smell to it.
I poured into my cup of coffee, a teaspoon of the creamer. Raised my mug to my lips, and...mmm....
The flavor was refreshing, cooling, and warm all in one. It gave me the same feeling that International Delight did. However the aftertaste was much stronger, and I liked it a lot more. Like International Delight, the flavor cleared nasal passages, and left my breath smelling like peppermint.
I liked it, I liked it a frigging lot.
For me, Coffee-Mate Peppermint Mocha is a flavor I would love to have all year round. It puts you in a Christmas mood, and makes waking up on cold days a bit warmer.
Peppermint Mocha is more like a treat, than it is a morning 'must have to get to work and wake up'.
Keep in mind, it is a limited edition creamer. Once the holiday is gone, it's taking Peppermint Mocha with it. Buy it before you can't at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment