Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review of Coffee-Mate Creamer: Limited Edition Gingerbread Creamer

I'm all for new things, and there is nothing that hit my wallet harder than limited edition products. Even if that limited edition product is as simple as a coffee creamer.
It was about a month ago when I was browsing the dairy section of my local supermarket that I came across some new limited edition holiday coffee creamer flavors. In the mix of flavors I spotted Gingerbread.
I was never a huge fan of Gingerbread (as a matter of fact, I hated it), but I bought it anyway because I had a $1.00 off coupon for any size Coffee-Mate Creamer. Seeing how I already had tried all of the other available limited edition flavors, and Gingerbread was the last on my list of flavors to try, I went ahead with the purchase. I also have never had a Coffee-Mate Creamer that I didn't like, so I assumed even though the flavor was Gingerbread, I would like it.
I was only able to find the limited edition flavor in a smaller 16 ounce bottle. I would have preferred the standard 32 ouncer because they last a hell of a lot longer.
Scent:
Before pouring creamer into my coffee I first smell it, and Gingerbread smelled pretty dang good. It had a Gingerbread scent that I could detect immediately. It didn't smell bad, or too overpowering, so I figured it would lightly flavor my coffee and taste like a holiday cup of heaven.
I poured in a few dribbles of Gingerbread, raised the cup to my lips, took a sip... and...
Blech!
I like flavoring in my coffee, I in fact like it a lot. I also have never had a Coffee Mate Creamer I didn't like. Gingerbread though made it to my list of creamers from the Coffee-Mate company that I did not agree with.
The flavor was strong, and sort of over powered my cup of coffee. It was way too sweet, and I barely added a cap full of the cream. Like I said, I like flavor in my coffee, but I don't like sipping down coffee that does not taste like coffee anymore.
I ended up giving Gingerbread to my sister. She adds a little to her hot cocoa and claims it is good in cocoa, but not so much in coffee.
Overall:
Coffee-Mate, Gingerbread is a limited edition holiday flavor that I will not miss.
Appearance:
You will easily be able to locate Gingerbread at any local supermarket. Gingerbread comes in a standard Coffee-Mate Creamer bottle, only it is a smaller 16 ounce bottle.
The label has a cup of coffee in a red mug on it. Below the mug are two gingerbread men sledding. The labels main color is a light blue, with snowflakes on it.
I'd recommend passing it up though and trying another Holiday edition creamer. Perhaps Peppermint Mocha?....Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment