Sunday, July 27, 2014

Coffee-Mate Vanilla Caramel Creamer: Review

I'm addicted to coffee. It seems that I can not get through the day with at least a 20 ounce cup in the morning, followed by another 20 ounce cup in the afternoon. It's so bad, I know...but at the same time, it's so hot damn good, thanks to Coffee-Mate's flavored creamers. I first got hooked on the flavored creamers when I noticed that they were releasing limited edition flavors for the fall and winter months. Since then, flavored creamers have been the best part of waking up.
Last night while strolling through my grocery store I of course made my last pit stop in the dairy section. I was hoping to get my hands on some new limited edition flavor, but it turned out I had in fact, tried them all. Then something caught my eye; a flavor that had possibly been here all along, yet I never took notice to it. Vanilla Caramel by Coffee-Mate.
Vanilla has always been my favorite flavored creamer for my coffee. Coffee-Mate had to go and add a dose of caramel. How could I resist this!?
I was only able to find Vanilla Caramel in a 16 ounce bottle. Next to the 16 ounce bottle they had larger bottles of Vanilla Caramel, but those bottles were sugar free, so I bought the smaller 16 ounce bottle and made my way home.
I knew I shouldn't of brewed up a cup of Joe this late in the evening, but I was excited to try out my new creamer. I had to.
While my coffee got to brewing, I removed the aluminum protective seal and gave the Vanilla Caramel creamer a sniff. I smelled mostly caramel, sweet, sweet warm caramel. I was not able to detect even the slightest hint of vanilla. It smelled pretty good, and I was excited to give it a try.
Once I had my cup of coffee ready, I poured in about a teaspoon or so of Vanilla Caramel. I then raised my cup to my lips, took a small sip, and swished the coffee around in my mouth.
I used a small amount of cream, especially for my 20 ounce cup...and still my coffee was far too sweet. The taste was caramel, and it was a bit overwhelming.
I poured some of the coffee (with cream) out, and added some more coffee to try and weaken the sweet, sweet caramel taste. It worked to an extent, but there was still a very strong aftertaste of sugary caramel.
I didn't necessarily hate it, but I also was not in love with it, and knew that I would not buy Vanilla Caramel again after using up this bottle (or giving it away).
Overall:
Coffee-Mate Vanilla Caramel is just too sweet for my taste buds. I'm sure though that Vanilla Caramel would be an awesome treat for those who don't mind sweeter coffee. I'm also pretty sure that caramel lovers will find bliss with this particular creamer in their coffee.
For me though, it's just too much caramel mixed with too much sugar.
-I'm pretty sure that Vanilla Caramel is part of their 'to stay' collection. So you do not have to rush out looking for it. The bottle of Vanilla Caramel came to $2.99 for 16 ounces (which does not last long, especially if you love it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment