Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review of Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Mug

I love themes! I do not have my own home 'quite' yet, but when I do, I already have my entire kitchen collection complete for nearly every holiday. My apple kitchen themed collection is near completion, and my recent focus has been a pumpkin theme for my kitchen to use during the fall season. The fall season is my favorite seeing how Halloween is thrown into the mix. I knew that I could not leave an apple theme in my kitchen all year round, so slowly throughout the year I purchased pumpkin themed kitchen items for that fall season change over.
My latest fall/Halloween themed kitchen item came to me thanks to KMart. KMart is a shopping center that I do not visit often, because their selection seems to lack compared to surrounding shopping stores.
During a recent trip there though I actually found that their Halloween/Fall decor is not as bad as I thought it would be. I remember visiting last year and they barely even had an isle dedicated to the Halloween holiday and fall season.
This year though they had about 4 isles dedicated solely to the season and Halloween. Down one isle a shelf of Pumpkin Mugs began to stare me down. If they could of spoken, the mugs would have been saying 'pick me, pick me! Buy me, take me home with you! I am only $4.99!'
I already had a few pumpkin themed items at home that I managed to buy up this season, and I knew the mugs would make a perfect addition to my themed collection.
The mugs were made by a company called Essential Home, and the mugs were just adorable. They were made with a unique pumpkin shape, which is something I always look for when buying kitchen items. I like plates, bowls, and cups in actual fruit or vegetable shapes. The pumpkin shape of the mugs is pretty much what had me sold. I find that I only come across unique shaped bowls and cups in antique shops, so it was refreshing to see the 'shape' style coming back in stores where I could buy them in bulk.
The Halloween Pumpkin Mugs are painted a pumpkin colored orange with a glossy glaze over them. They all have pumpkin carving faces painted on them as well. I personally would of preferred the mugs without the black paint on them, but I settled for what I could get.
The handle on the mug shapes a groove large enough for any hand size, so even grown men with huge hands won't have a hard time holding these mugs.
The mugs stand in at 3 1/4" tall, and are perfect for morning cups of coffee, tea, or cocoa.
Overall:
I'm happy with my purchase. I picked up 6 mugs and have stored them away for when we move.
Where to find them:
You can pick up the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Mug at any local KMart, or on their site, by clicking here. Each mug comes to $4.99. If you like them, pick up as many as your budget will allow. If one breaks you may not be able to replace it, and they may not bring it back next fall....so buy as many as you can. They are made of ceramic, and we all know that when you drop ceramic, odds are it's going to break.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment