Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review of Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl

In my previous review I spoke about the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Mug, so I figured it only fair that I mention the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl, which matches the mugs right to the core.
The Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl is sold separately, (even though I still feel it should have been sold as a 2 piece mug and serving bowl set!) from the Pumpkin Mugs for approximately $12.99.
To be honest I really did not want to pay $12.99 for the bowl, but seeing how I loved the mugs, I knew that a matching set would look the best, so I went ahead and splurged on the bowl.
Appearance:
The Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl has the exact same look and color as the mugs do. It is a large pumpkin colored painted ceramic bowl. It has ridges like you would find in a real pumpkin. It has a pumpkin face on it painted in black. It was added to give it a carved look, however like the mugs, I wish they would of just left it alone.
I would have liked to display it for the entire Fall season, but it's appearance is geared more towards Halloween.
The pumpkin bowl itself is not really an elegant fall/Halloween decoration, it's more of a playful non-spooky bowl.
My Use:
I didn't really know exactly what I would do with the bowl at first. I figured though that I would use it for a table centerpiece in the kitchen, or perhaps leave it on the counter and fill it with jelly beans or Halloween candy for guests.
Till I move though, the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl will remain boxed up till I can use it in my own kitchen (momma Dukes is getting sick of all of my 'theme' crap, as she calls it).
Other uses:
You could use the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl for serving chips, dip, mashed potatoes, corn, candy, and so on and so forth.
Measurements:
The Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl is approximately 7-3/4-in. Dia x 4-3/4-in. H.
Issue:
One small issue I had with the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl was the fact that it did not come with a lid. I have quite a few pumpkin bowls and jars, and all of them have come with a lid included. I like the lids on pumpkin pieces because the stem is added to them most of the time. It would of went wonderfully with my Ceramic Pumpkin Candles that I recently picked up at Bath and Body Works; that is, if it had come with a lid!
It's not a big deal, but it would of really made the bowl stand out much more than it does.
Recommendation:
I really would only recommend the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl if you were to purchase the matching mugs as well. Other than that it sort of lacks, especially for the price. However, if you are buying the mugs, it would make for a cute matching addition. The choice really is yours though.
It's not an awful bowl, I would not have bought it if it were...it just sort of lacks that cool Halloween oomph. I though would not of bought it if I hadn't purchased the mugs.
It was sort of an 'oh that matches, I'll buy it' purchase.
Where to purchase the Essential Home Halloween Pumpkin Serving Bowl:
You can pick it up down the Halloween isles at your local KMart. The bowl is also available online, but is sold out. You could have them email you when it is back in stock, but that could take some time. I recommend going to the store; odds are it will be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment