Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Review of Krypt Kiddies Series 3: Tabby Baby Doll

Everyone who collects Krypt Kiddies knows that all of the babies in the collection were all murdered in unusual gruesome fashions; for those of you who didn't know that, now you do. Pat yourself on the back! You learned something today.
Anyhow, I have been seeking these demonic dolls since they first released in 2004, and since then my demonic crib babies have grown and grown.
I figured seeing how Halloween is a month away, I would tell you about Tabby, the nasty demonic Krypt Kiddie that has always been a favorite of mine.
I picked Tabby up at my local Spencer's a few years ago for $29.99. She was shelled in a creepy cryptic looking box, with creepy bloody writing on it. She looked like she wanted to be free, so I of course had to spend the money to free her from her dwelling.
I know saving her in her box would increase her value over time...but I am a collector of things that come out of boxes. I refuse to spend money on things I cannot touch. Some will, but not me. I HAVE to get my greedy paws all over it.
The reason I was so interested in taking Tabby home with me was not because she was part of a collection I have been collecting; but because she had a wicked look on her face, with some crazy detail done to her by her artist.
Tabby's face is very tan compared to most Krypt Kiddies who are usually pale skinned. Her face is covered in black veins that resemble actual veracose veins nearly to the tee.
Her eyes are wolf blue, with an expression of anger and excitement in them; she has big black and gray bags under her eyes which give her a deathly scary look. Her lips are smiling, with cracks in them colored black. Her teeth are displayed in her mouth as she smiled big and wide. These teeth are actually sharp believe it or not, and you could cut yourself on them if you press your finger in hard enough. (God knows why you'd do that though).
Tabby's hair is flaming red, with small white horns that poke out from underneath her bangs.
Tabby comes wearing a velvety black cat suit, if you remove the clothing you will see that Tabby has black veins scattered all over her body.
Accessories and Fun Things Included With Tabby:
Tabby comes with a death certificate. On this certificate there is an explanation as to why Tabby died; when she died, and a follow up as to whom killed her, and why she walks the earth as a Krypt Kiddie now.
I will not give it away, but what makes Krypt Kiddies so fun is the idea that you may actually pick out a doll that died on your birthday. It's pretty neat when you come across one...if you do that is.
Tabby also comes with a plastic bottle filled with fake blood. When you tip the bottle it gives the illusion that she is really drinking it, because the liquid disappears.
Finding Tabby:
Tabby is part of the Krypt Kiddies series 3 collection, and finding her is not as easy as one would think. Spencer's sold these dolls when they first came out in 2006, however odds are she is no longer available...(I don know though that they bring out old stock of Krypt Kiddies around Christmas time, so check then).
Relying on Spencer's to have Tabby though would be idiotic... I recommend checking auction sites, and online sites for Tabby. WWW.Ebay.Com would be a site to check out if you are searching the doll out. WWW.Amazon.Com, may also sell the doll as well.
You can purchase her anywhere from $25.00 to $55.00 depending on the dolls condition, and whether or not you want a boxed doll or used doll.
Best Use For Tabby:
I whip out my collection of Krypt Kiddies every Halloween for decorational purposes. Till then though, my collection sleeps away in the attic in boxes.
Tabby's best use- a Halloween prop! A really neat Halloween prop.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment