Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Slip-OnTattoo Sleeves: For Those Who Can't Commit to Permanent Ink

The first time I caught a glimpse of tattoo sleeves on www.prankpalace.com, I thought they were awesome. I wanted a pair, and I knew my boyfriend would get a kick out of them as well.
Recently, though, while shopping in Wal-Mart, we actually came across a rack of tattoo sleeves for only $3.88. Prank Palace sells them for nearly $12, and when I saw them for under $4, I had to have them. My boyfriend, who seemed more excited by them than I, actually ended up buying them.
What are tattoo sleeves?
They are painless tattoos.
On very thin, yet durable netted nylon type slips are decorations that look like actual tattoos. When you slip them onto your arm they are to give off an actual arm sleeve tattoo type illusion.
My First Thoughts:
I knew that buying them though would only provide amusement for a few minutes, and then that would be that. They would eventually end up lost in laundry room land, or slip under the bed somewhere never to be found.
His Use:
He ripped open the package and began to pull the sleeve up onto his arm. At first it was difficult, because they do not really have stretchable elastic ends. It's sort of like; once it's tight, it won't budge up your arm anymore. He managed to inch the arm sleeve up his arm little by little till finally it was in an area he thought looked best.
One problem though, you could totally tell down by the wrist that they were not real tats. In fact they looked pretty dumb. He then put a watch on to cover the area that gave it away. As a result, the sleeve looked pretty realistic...from a distance.
Up close the sleeve has mini mesh holes in the sleeve, which it a total give away. From a distance, though, everything comes together and looks pretty freaking neat.
My Use:
I was pretty excited to get my sleeve on as well, however I was able to pull it up pretty far, and the sleeve was still loose down by my forearm, so basically it looked like a loose long sleeved stocking on my arm. It turned out that my arms were not big enough to fill the tattoo sleeve, and that they were designed with men in mind, or those with large, large arms.
For me, it just looked ridiculous.
Styles:
There were a few styles to choose from. Some which were just black tribal markings, and other sleeves with full color drawings of dragons and flames.
Overall:
Like I had imagined, the tattoo sleeves were cool for about 5 minutes, and now... they sit somewhere in a bag. I don't think he is going to whip them out again, or even bother to wear them out in public. It is my opinion that they would be more of a hit with kids...only they would have to make them a lot smaller to accommodate smaller arms. As of now, they are designed for men.
It would be pretty pansy to see an actual grown man walking around town with a fake tattoo sleeve on though... which leaves me with a final opinion...they are worthless and lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment