Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review of Pooch Pack Front Carrier by Daba Doo

My little Yorkie likes to go everywhere I go. He cannot stand a leash though, and even using a harness he still manages to get all tied up. While in New York City a few years ago, my mission was to find a font carrier for him.
These front carriers are similar to back and front carriers you see parents using to lug their babies around in. It just makes life easy, a pack that carries the child, and let's you go hands free.
I came across the Daba Doo Pack Front Carrier in a pet shop. It was designed for small dogs from 3-6 pounds. They also had medium available for dogs 6-10 pounds.
I went with the medium, because my little furry guy weighs in at 8 pounds.
Appearance:
The bag is pretty, and even though my dog is a boy I went with a pink plaid one. It seems that plaid is the only design Daba Doo has in their front carrier packs. You can get the same carrier is red, blue or green.
The bag itself zips up on its two sides. There are 4 holes for each of the dogs feet, and an adjustable velcro closure at the top. You can make it loose or tight, depending on your dogs size. This piece is added to make sure the dog does not jump out. The pack though is so secure, and once you have your dog in it, I don not see how they are going to jump out...as a matter of fact, it's close to impossible.
The pack has two adjustable straps on it, like a back pack. You can put it on your back, or let it hang from your stomach. It also comes with an adjustable strap that you can clip around your waist for even more security. I find this unnecessary though.
My Dogs Use:
I brought the pack home and placed my dog inside. It was a bit difficult, and took two people to get the dog in and safely zipped up. After awhile of using it though you will no longer need two people to get the dog in.
When zipping up the two sides make sure your dogs fur is not in the way or it could get caught and hurt him. So be patient, and careful. The dog will wiggle around and fight you as you try and put him in. Once he is in though there are no worries.
Once I had him in I put the straps on my arms and carried him around with ease. I was able to hang him from the front, or from my back. I prefer the front just so I can see him, and he can see me.
Issue:
One issue I have with the Daba Doo Pet Carrier is that it does not have an additional hole for his tail. His tail has to be placed through the same hole as one of his feet. I would of liked it better if there was another hole for the tail...but there is none.
Other than that one issue, the carrier has been nothing but pure convenience for me. I can now tote my little guy around with me wherever I go. I also enjoy bringing this along when we bring him to the beach. I let him run around and when he begins to misbehave I put him in the carrier.
Overall:
The Pooch Pack Front Carrier by Daba Doo is the best dog carrying pack anyone has ever come up with. I have used those annoying totes, and my dog would easily hop out of them. With the Pooch Pack Front Carrier by Daba Doo I have no worries at all when it comes to security.
Recommendation:
I have to recommend the Pooch Pack Front Carrier by Daba Doo, it is the best carrier I have ever used, and anyone with small/medium sized dogs looking for a convenient way to bring their dog along with them would totally benefit from this one.
Get one:
The Pooch Pack Front Carrier by Daba Doo is selling right now at www.gollygear.com for $33.95-$35.95. This is a pretty nice deal seeing how I originally paid $50.00 for mine a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment