Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Review of Littlest Pet Shop - Pet Pairs: Pug & Chihuahua Figures

The only reason my Littlest Pet Shop collection started was because of the Chihuahua figure. When I first layed my eyes on the Pug and Chihuahua duo in a local toy store, I had to have them.
We have a chihuahua at home names Ren, and when I came across this Littlest Pet Shop, Pet Pairs: Pug and Chihuahua figures, I bought it solely for the Chihuahua figure. It looked like our Ren, so I needed it.
The Chihuahua:
This palm sized tan colored bobble head dog came with wearing a purple collar. He or she also came with a bone, and a rope tug toy. The Chihuahua had a small magnet in its mouth (don't worry you can't see it, it's inside of the head somewhere). When you put the bone or rope up to his mouth it hangs there. This is supposed to allow for play for a child...but I find it rather lame...cute...but lame at the same time.
The Pug:
The pug is just as cute too. He is a darker brown color with a gray colored muzzle. He like every Littlest Pet Shop Pet also comes with a big bobble head. His paw has a magnet embedded in it, so when you place his paw down onto his pink food canister the lid opens up.
With this set you get both dogs, and all of the little accessories mentioned above.
Issue:
As much as I was able to recognize the Chihuahua as a Chihuahua, most people who view her on my work desk mistake her for a Siamese cat. After looking at the dog, I realized they were right. The ears are pointy like a cat, and it has more of a feminine feline like face, than it does an actual Chihuahua.
No matter how you view it though, it's one hell of a cute toy.
Recommendation:
Even though the Chihuahua looks like a cat, the set is still adorable, and worth every penny.
-The Littlest Pet Shop Duo is recommended for ages 4 and up, due to the small pieces. In my opinion, if your child still puts things in their mouth...don't et em' have these small toys! Der!
Pricing and availability:
I found the pug and Chihuahua set for only $3.99 at KBee Toys. You can find them really at any local toy store though for around the same price.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment