Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Target's Black-Feather Halloween Wreath: Perfect Decor for the Holiday

Halloween is my yearly addiction, and each year I seek out new props to add to my ever-growing collection. This year, I ran into quite the neat little number: A black-feathered wreath at Target.
Why is it so neat?
It's pretty plain, yet beautiful when you lay your eyes on it. It looks as if someone just plucked a crow and stuck its feathers around a Styrofoam cylinder. However what's ultra cool about it, is that my cousin hates bird. She does not even like to look at their feathers, she is like those crazy people you see on the Maury show that flip out when they see a certain animal or product.
That is totally my cousin when she sees birds. There have been times where I was a jerk and picked up them fake stuffed crows and went chasing after her with them. She ended up in tears and she was pretty pissed off at me.
I had no idea her fear of birds was that deep. I always thought she just hated them, or was disgusted by them...but in her case she downright fears them. My cousin truly believes that they are out to get her, and they want to peck out her eyes! Haha!
She was my first thought when buying the feathered wreath in black. I figured once she saw it, she'd freak out. It would be worth the Halloween scare! Besides she couldn't stay mad at me, it's Halloween!
As of now the wreath is being stored in a box till we move. My plans are to hang it on out inside front door whenever we move into the home. I figure once my cousin gets a good look at it, she'll get a good scream in, then hit me or something.
The black feathered wreath is made of thick, yet soft fake black feathers. It is actually a really beautiful piece, and could possibly be left out all year long.
You can yank on the feathers a tad, and they will not rip from the cylinder...however I wouldn't recommend it! Duyh!
Pricing and Availability:
The black feathered wreath is available at Target for $19.99, however I have also seen the exact same wreath for only $15.00 at Walmart.
Why buy it?
Because it is made well, and it will last a few years with proper storage and care. It is also a beautiful piece to add to a door or wall for your Halloween party, or just to have hanging around for the Halloween holiday.
Every time I look at it, it reminds me of The Raven, by Edgar Allen Poe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment