Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review of Swim Ways, Battle Reef Micro Pullstring, Fish Pool Toy

Now I knew that when I came across a small Swim Ways, Battle Reef Micro Pullstring, Fish Pool Toy, that it was made for kids, but my small dog is an absolute swim junkie, and I knew that he would appreciate this toy more than a kid would, especially if it worked as advertised.

According to the package, the little fish would propel through the water in a natural motion when the pull-string was pulled.

I hoped it worked, because my dog got bored of chasing after rubber ducks in the pool.

In The Pool:
 
Amazingly enough, the small fish actually worked. You simply pill the string nob that hangs out of the fishes mouth and release it into the water. The fishes tail will begin to propel back and forth causing it to slowly move along the waters surface.

I have to say, I was pretty impressed with just how far it would go off of just one pull. It was just enough to have my dog gong wild, while jumping off of his boogie board into the water after the fish.
If pushed under the surface of the water, the fish will also swim about underneath the surface, until it resurfaces. It will not sink.

Now for children, the toy is just OK. It will not provide hours of pool time entertainment due to it being so small. However this toy will definitely be a perfect bath time play toy for kids, and is probably suited better for bath time considering the fact that the pool filter can easily clog because of the size of this toy.

Overall:
 
The toy works, and it was a mere $3.50 at my local Walmart and has already provided my dog with hours of entertainment. He literally will dive down under the water after it.

As far as kids liking it, my nice finds it to be neat, but she plays with it with the dog, instead of alone by herself. Without the dog there, she swims without so much as bothering with the toy, thus my thoughts that it'd be more entertaining for kids in the bath tub.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment