Monday, July 28, 2014

Infinity Optics Light Show: Review

I love when I discover products online for sale that I purchased 10 years ago.
I was actually given an Infinity Optics Light Show about 10 years ago for my birthday from my cousin. I discovered the light show at a local joke shop and fell in love with it the moment I saw it.
What Is an Infinity Optics Light Show?
The Infinity Optics Light Show is actually a square shaped mirror box for you to hang on your wall. The light show also comes with a base for you to display it on a shelf (It's not very sturdy, so I recommend hanging the mirror.
The mirror though is no ordinary mirror. All around the sides of the mirror are little lights. When you plug it in, and click the wire into the on position you are presented with the most hypnotic mirror you have ever seen.
The mirror gives off an illusion that the lights go on forever. It gives a weird black hole like depth in the mirror, and it seems as if you can reach right into the mirror.
The lights dance in 8 modes, or you can just leave the lights on. Each mode is unique....you can also have all 8 of them play in sequence.
Different modes include fading lights, solid lights, twinkling lights, dancing lights, chasing lights, pulsating lights and more. My favorite mode though is when the lights are left on solid.
The mirror can be used as a regular mirror when the lights are turned off. An illusional light show, and a regular old house mirror in one...you cannot beat that!
Quality:
The mirror is basically a standard mirror with a hard plastic frame to hold it together. I have had my light show for 10 years and have yet to come across a dead bulb, or flaw.
Best Use:
I still have my mirror hanging on my wall. I usually turn it on when there are guests over, or when we are hosting a party. The Infinity Optics Light Show is really neat to plug in during Halloween or Christmas. It adds a really cool hypnotic touch to the room, and people can't help but to look into it.
The light show comes with a standard American 2 prong chord. To the back of the mirror is an attachment for you to hang the mirror off of a nail with ease. It weighs about 5 pounds so make sure you hang it on a very secure nail, otherwise you risk breaking it if it falls.
Pricing and Availability:
The Infinity Optics Light Show can be bought for $40.00 nowadays. My cousin bought me mine for $99.99 10 years ago...so getting it at $40.00 is a freaking steal. You can pick up this wacky mirror at local malls nearby. Just mention the infinity mirror and they will know what you are talking about.
I have also seen this sucker up for grabs on www.ebay.com.
Recommended?
Highly recommended! It will last a decade with proper care. In the 10 years I have owned mine, nothing has changed about the models still available today. This means the quality of the Infinity Optics Light Show has not changed. That's a good thing!
Enjoy the show! You're going to love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment