Monday, July 28, 2014

Nintendo DS Accessory Review: Finger Tip

Freddy Krueger brought this interesting looking invention to you. -Well not really, but it certainly has that eerie claw like charm that only Freddy would appreciate. So you have a Nintendo DS, which means you are already fully aware of Nintendo DS' touch screen ability. Now what can you do about that annoying pen, that you keep losing all of the time?!
The Finger Tip (or finger stylus) for the DS is meant to simplify gaming. That's why I am here to share with you the best invention since the touch screen.
I know there are plenty of games out there available for the Nintendo DS, that combines button action taps, and during some parts of gaming you are required to use the stylus pen. However as you know, it can be a bit annoying having to grab the pen, then drop the pen over and over again to complete certain tasks in a game. It downright sucks and can even cause you to loose the game if you are not fast.
This is where the finger tip comes in handy. It's as device that is as easy to use as it looks. You put it on your finger, your own little Nintendo DS claw or glove...or what have you.
It looks sharp huh? Maybe even dangerous too, maybe it'll poke your eye out! Hardy harrrharrr harrrr!
Fear not, the entire Finger Tip is designed out of soft rubber. The pointer is also soft rubber, so you don't have to worry about you, or your child poking, or ripping someone's cornea out while trying to pretend you're/they're Freddy.
The Finger Tips come in a pack of 3. The sizes are of course your basic small, medium, and large. So they are great for the smallest tyke fingers, to the largest of lobster claw cracking man hands. Haha!
What I Love About Finger Tips:
I was impressed with how easy this little pointer was. I no longer had to fumble around with the stupid pen; in and out of the slot in back of the Nintendo DS.
The pointer acted just like the stylus pen; only much, much more convenient.
Finger Tips do not rub against the screen nor do they create any sort of drag or scratching that I thought it would have. (I was imagining an eraser rubbing on my screen, leaving icky residue behind on my DS).
The Finger Tips made my gaming easier. I don't know how many times I ended games short because I was so sick and tired of the stupid little pen that I so easily flung around, and lost every time I had to put it down.
Also I will admit this simply because I'm a gaming geek with no shame; I actually bought the Finger Tips because of their look. I mean just look at them, black and shiny, with a mini cat claw! How cool do I look now with my mini Freddy Kruger fingers!? Okay, maybe not much cooler (maybe even a little stupid), but this is a little tool that any gaming geek would adore. (It's especially fun to put all 3 on your fingers and stretch your hand out at a little kid and hiss, haha)
I have not seen these available at any stores yet, I'm not saying they aren't there though; I just personally haven't run into them. I actually got mine on www.Ebay.com for a good bargain at only $6.
You're A Naughty Little Thing Aren't You!?
So where there is good, there is always bad. The pros with the cons.
This; like any rubber material covering up any part of your body for too long eventually will lead to sweating. Eventually after a while your finger will begin to sweat. Soon the fingertip, (or fingertip glove I should say) will get so swampy and nasty that you won't want to wear it for much longer.
I'm sure this is something a child wouldn't care much about, but adult gamers out there might get a little grossed out by this. If you ignore it, and continue playing, when you do take it off your finger will look like you had just taken a bath for an hour, or swam in a pool all day. (That nice old crinkle effect)
Another Con:
If the Finger Tip you have on your finger is too tight it could cause discomfort. I'm not sure if it will cause blisters, because once it started hurting I just took it off, and advanced to a larger size.
Recommended?
Although the Finger Tips caused sweaty finger fungus (not literately) I would recommend the Finger Tips for Nintendo DS to any gamer out there that is just plain sick and tired of the annoying stylus pens.
Not only do Finger Tips improve gaming, and make things way easier than before, but you look cool using them as well. (At least I think so)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment