Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 Foot Closet Organizer Kit Model #32875

Ever since becoming a homeowner, and having more than enough rooms than I knew what to do with, I decided to turn one of the con-joining rooms that attaches to my bedroom into a dream walk in closet that every girl could ever want, or need as far as space was concerned. However I did not want to cluster up the room with dressers and bulky furniture pieces. I wanted organization. I wanted to feel as if I was walking into my own perfect little boutique, and everyday when I went in to change for work, I would not feel as if I were just in a room, but a shopping store.

ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit literally delivered exactly what I was looking for. This review is dedicated entirely to the ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit.
I picked up this kit for $139.00 at Home Depot. I felt the price was sort of high for a bunch of metal pieces, but after putting it up and lining it with my clothes I realized it was money well spent.

The first items I purchased were free standing clothing racks, and I found out very quickly how useless they were, and how easily they fell apart. ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit is built into the wall, so there are no weak spots, and you can hand a lot and not have to worry about the weight.

Set up was a real headache, as you can extend the unit to fit anywhere from a 5 foot sized wall, to an 8 foot sized wall. I of course extended it to the entire 8 feet allowing me some more room.

As I said though, setting it up was not easy because the directions are very vague and very hard to understand. We literally did everything by eye, so once we tossed the instructions and rigged it up our own way things came together a lot easier. Do be sure though to have your units hang rack nailed or drilled into at least 2 wall beams in order to support the weight of the unit.

All in all installing the ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit took about 4 hours, with the help of 2 other people. Once it is installed you are free to place your shelving anywhere you see fit, there is no one way, set way to go about things. You can place them where you want, and I truly loved being able to customize the unit to fit my needs.

Once the ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit was all set up, I went ahead and began placing my clothes on hangers and putting them on the hang bars. I worried about the weight of my clothes pulling it out of the wall, but the issue never arose.

I was able to hang everything I owned, including shoe boxes with shoes inside of them without the unit even showing signs of fragility. I still have room to add more things too, and not just a little room, a whole lot of it.

Overall:
 
The ClosetMaid ShelfTrack 5-8 foot Closet Organizer Kit is a sturdy and fabulous piece. I now walk into my changing room and feel as if I am in a boutique and not some cramped up closet. I am in love with it, and will be purchasing the smaller 3-5 foot unit for the other wall.

I cannot recommend this organizer enough. I no longer have a hard time finding what I need, nor do I have issues finding matching pieces. This has literally saved me time in the morning instead of rummaging through dresser draw making messes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment