Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Review of Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups

Ever since buying myself a Platinum Keurig Coffee Maker, I had gone on a hunt for rare and unusual coffee flavors. In my hunts I have come across some really delicious 5 star flavors, and others...well they failed to even leave a positive mark.

When I came across Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups selling for $11.99 for a box, I figured I would go ahead and give this flavor a try. It seemed unique, it seemed different.

I really do not have to tell you how to brew up a cup of coffee using the Keurig, so let's skip all of that review fluff, and get straight to business.

The Coffee:
 
As far as flavor goes, Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups is definitely delicious, but primarily what I noticed was that it has a somewhat watery consistency to it, even when cream was added. There is no smoothness to it, which is not a total deal killer, but it is something worth making note of.

The flavor is still good, don't get me wrong, it is just the texture that lacks.

Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups tastes a lot like Folgers Vanilla Biscotti Coffee which I tried directly before trying Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups. The similarities are all there, a vanilla like roast to the mix, with a nice burnt marshmallow like ting to the flavor. However the thing that lacks is the caramel flavor. I tasted none whatsoever.

Even with the lack of caramel flavoring though, the coffee is really good in general, but for me, it tasted like it should have been called vanilla marshmallow, as there is a more prominent vanilla flavoring to the coffee.

Overall:
 
Folgers Caramel Drizzle K Cups is a decent cup of Joe. It tastes good, but it does not taste like what it has been named. All and all though the coffee is not one that I wouldn't recommend, as it still delivers a nice fresh flavor. It lacks in the caramel department, and in smoothness. That aside though, it is still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment