Monday, July 28, 2014

Snug as a Bug in a Rug: Ashton Drake Galleries Baby Doll Review

I have been a fan of doll artist Titus Tomescu since I was a teenager. However my favorite line of dolls by far came from his Barely Your's Collection. He was awarded so many awards for this collection, and individual dolls in the collection were even given doll of the year awards.
One doll in my collection that has always been a pleasure to have is Snug As A Bug In A Rug.
This baby doll is made of all porcelain, and has arms, legs and a head that can be moved. The doll comes with a fluffy white rug, and a soft baby blanket for you to place him on while displaying.
The baby comes with reddish brown hair and eye lashes, his eyes are an amber colored brown and they match his hair color. Snug as a bug is lying on his stomach and is looking up. The doll is painted with extreme detail, and everything about him is pretty damn realistic.
I have had him for nearly 9 years, maybe more, and I have never had an issue with wear. That is also due to the fact that I keep him on a shelf in my room and dust him regularly.
Snug As A Bug In A Rug also comes with a stuffed teal colored whale.
He is 16 inches in length, and can take up a hefty space on your dresser top or shelf.
Issue:
Although the doll is crafted very well, he has not gone up in value since I purchased him. Most of the dolls I purchase have already tripled in value, Snug As A Bug though, for some reason has dropped in price. I purchased him for about $60.00 nearly 10 years ago, and his price has not gone up since. You can purchase him for nearly the same price still in his original box. You can purchase him for even less than that if you buy him out of the box.
I have seen him on auction sites selling for $40.00 or less at times.
I have no intentions of selling my dolls, but I always like seeing how their prices have increased over time, and Snuggy seems to be my only doll thats actually taken a decline in price.
Overall:
If you are looking to purchase dolls for pure profit in the future Snug As A Bug may be one to pass up. If you are looking for an adorable realistic doll made by a famous doll artist, then this is the baby doll for you.
The doll can be placed on a shelf for a really sweet decoration for a newborn baby's room, and would make an awesome gift for that mom to be whom is having a boy.
Pricing and Availability:
Snug As A Bug In A Rug can be found on Ebay, or at this site without its original box for only $49.95.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment