Monday, July 28, 2014

Movie Review: Goosebumps: Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes

This month Goosebumps has been playing non-stop marathons on TV; as a younger child I used to read the books in the Goosebumps series, so following the 30 minute flicks was like taking a dive back into my childhood...a time when Goosebumps were the hottest books on the shelves.
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes was a book I suppose I passed up, because I could not recall anything about it while I sat there watching the movie last night.
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes is about a man who collects strange whimsical lawn ornaments. His hopes are to win the annual Garden Contest. When he brings home 2 ugly looking gnomes to add to his lawn, strange things begin happening to his grumpy next door neighbors garden.
Of course his son Joe is blamed for the things going on in the neighbors yard, because Joe had been caught in the mans yard earlier, while trying to retrieve his baseball from the neighbors rose bush.
The neighbor accuses Joe of sabotaging his chances at winning the Garden contest, and this lands Joe into a heap of troubles.
Joe begins an investigation, because he knows he has not done anything to the neighbors yard. While investigating the situation, Joe discovers something pretty terrifying.
What I Liked About Revenge Of The Lawn Gnomes:
The short movie in the series is probably one of the best ones I have seen so far, because to be honest, it was actually pretty creepy. Most Goosebumps flicks are semi scary, but Revenge Of The Lawn Gnomes is downright scary, and actually had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next.
After watching the movie, I will never view lawn gnomes the way I used to. I used to think they were cute little ornaments for the garden or patio...after the movie though, I see them as evil garden creatures.
The movie had an impact on me, and therefore it's a damn good movie in my opinion.
Age Recommendation:
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes is a pretty scary flick, and I can only recommend it to children who are able to watch a scary flick without acting like wusses after watching it. I would recommend this to kids 10 and up. Younger children could watch it as well, but if you are a parent, you should know if your kid is ready for a scary movie, or not.
Revenge of the Lawn Gnomes is mildly scary, I cannot label it a scare-less children's Halloween movie, because it digs deeper into horror than most Goosebump flicks do. Keep it in mind before you plop it into the DVD player.
You can purchase this DVD at Amazon or Ebay for a decent price. It's worth a purchase in my opinion. It has re-play value, and could easily become one of those classic films you and your family watch year after year during the month of Halloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment