Monday, July 28, 2014

Summit Skin Cover for Nintendo Wii Remote and Nunchuck - Review

-Tired of sweaty palms?
-Dirty brown sweat gunk all over that nice new Wii remote and nun chuck getting you down?
-Is the remote slipping from your hand during batting practice, or boxing?
-Seen a bunch of videos on youtube featuring kids and adults throwing sweaty Wii remotes through TVs? Me too. They're pretty funny, up until it happens to you.
There needs to be a solution to the Wii wrecked the TV problem!
I thought I had found that solution too. The Wii summit skin covers for the wii remote and nun chuck.
I stumbled upon the Summit Skin Cover for Nintendo Wii Remote and Nun chuck in my local Gamestop store. The price was $12.99 for the set. It was love at first sight.
Not only was I attracted to the assortment of colors, and the idea that my wii remote and nun chuck were now going to be looking pretty dang classy and attractive, but I was also glad to of found something that would improve my grip on the Wii controller, due to the silicone material the skins are made of.
I don't know how many times myself, and my friends have chucked the remote to the floor with a ton of force, or worse, towards the television.
We all seem to have a problem with putting the wrist strap on properly. I figured the summit skin covers were an awesome option to wearing that annoying strap. (Although you should still wear the strap to avoid accidents caused by stupid friends or relatives...or you).
UH OH! Battle time!
"Huston, we have a problem!" "Come in!!!! Huston!!!!"
"Something,, argh,,, seems to ((arrrgghhhh)) be wrong. Grrrrrrrr!!!!!!
"
Those are just a few of the noises that will be spewing from your mouth when you actually try to slip these covers onto your Wii remote and onto the nun chuck. Maybe a few cuss words as well. No; probably a lot of cuss words. Tee-hee!
Now if you were one of the lucky ones and you managed to actually slip the silicone skin over your remote properly without breaking it (the remote or the skin), it does look pretty nice doesn't it? Feels all nice and comfortable to the palm. Ahh yes, the Wii remote, she's a beauty.
The Summit Skin Cover did do the job though. It did make holding the Wii remote and nun chuck much easier. The silicone material practically stuck to my hand like a magnet as I played all of my games.
However your hand still sweats, and even though the skin cover acts as sort of a protector case for the Wii remote and nun chuck, the buttons and arrow keys still get filled up with brown sweat gunk and dirt from your hands.
The reality of the skin covers is simple; they add to the grip, with style. Nothing more. They hardly protect the Wii remote from nasty things.
UH OH!
There's another problem with the Summit Covers:
How the heck am I going to get this skin off once the battery dies? Hmmm there's no little latch or back door that opens for me to change the batteries. Great, just frigging great!
This means you are forced to rip the skin off of it again to place the batteries in the remote. We all know too that the remotes need battery changes often.
Battle number 2:
I tried to slowly slide the skin off of the wii remote; only it didn't feel like budging. It was stuck! I had no choice but to peel it up inside out. I tried doing this slowly and carefully, I was afraid of breaking the remote more than I was afraid of ripping the $13 skin. This silicone is thin, and I knew if I didn't take caution it would Rrrriiiiiippppp!!!! Ooops; too late.
It didn't really make a rip noise, but it bit the dust for sure. It ripped all the way up to the top. The whole thing became complete garbage.
((SIGH))
I was disappointed, I enjoyed the fact that the summit skin covers added grip to my controllers, however I wad saddened to see how cheaply made they were. I liked the pretty new colors added to my remote as well.
Sadly though, everything about the Summit Wii Remote and Nun Chuck Skin Covers were just wrong. Not only do you risk tearing the skins, but most importantly you could also damage your remotes while trying to apply and take off the super stupid, super grippy covers. A $50 Wii remote set is definitely not worth breaking just to make your remotes look prettier.
I mean they had a good concept behind it; a skin that protects your remotes and adds grip. Only it failed miserably.
I wouldn't recommend this product to anybody. I know that resisting the urge to buy them is close to impossible, seeing how some of them look pretty damn nice.Resist the temptation; avoid it!Walk away...You don't need it.
Trust me, you will be throwing it out as soon as you need another Wii remote battery change. The material is thin, and flimsy. You may as well just take the $13.00, and just throw it in the trash if you plan on purchasing these skins. They will rip. Maybe not the second you use them, but in due time, the skin will rip.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment