Tuesday, July 29, 2014

5 Bloody Severed Fingers: More Neat Halloween Props!

I try staying out of Party City around Halloween time only because I end up walking out with an empty wallet, almost every time. Props, props, and more props. I just can't get enough.
This weekend I managed to pick up a few cheaper Halloween props though, and I actually walked out with money to spare. One particular item I went home with only cost me $4.99, and to be honest it's a pretty neat realistic prop. The 5 Bloody Severed Fingers! I'm glad I got them.
I have a small obsession with fake bloody body parts, not because I'm a sick freak; but because they make for really great Halloween decor for my yearly Halloween party. I usually line them all up on plates on the dinner table, splat on some more runny fake blood, and let my guests peer at the delicious fake goods. Hehe.
Anyhow, the 5 Bloody Severed Fingers come in... a pack of 5 (obviously). What drew my attention to them though was the details that went into the cheap props. Upon close inspection, the fingers all looked pretty frigging real.
Each finger has nicely detailed lines and wrinkles in the finger, and the nail itself is done up pretty realistic looking as well. The entire finger is splattered in bloody paint work, and the finger nails also have blood smeared on them.
At the bottom of the finger a bone stuck out to give it that ripped off/cut off look. The bones however were what made the fingers look less realistic. The bone though didn't ruin the props realistic charm...but it did set it back a few notches.
I figured that seeing how I was not impressed with the bones sticking out, I would hide the bones by placing the fingers standing up tall into a cake.
Yeah! I know, I'm a genius!
Other neat ideas for the Bloody Severed Fingers:
You can place them in peoples glassed as gruesome stirrers.
You can add them to a dish on your dinner plates for a creepy gross decoration.
You can also put them in goodie bags/pinatas for kids to bring home.
Overall:
I must say for only $4.99 I am pretty impressed with the fingers. They make for a realistic, cheap Halloween prop, and would also make awesome cake accents for your Halloween desert.
Recommendation:
For the low price, how could I not recommend them? Go on out and get a set, heck, maybe two.
You can pick them up at your local Party City or at their site www.partycity.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment