Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Hi Glam Doll: Pam - Toy Review

I adore my niece, she is like a miniature clone of me when I was her age. She is evil, yet has the face of an angel, she is gorgeous, but inside she's demonic (at times, not all the time of course).
Seeing how my sister lives so close to me, I see the kids all the time, and my niece (don't tell my nephew) is my absolute favorite. It's not because she is a girly girl, or because she is a girl in general...it is because she follows me around like a shadow. Words I use, she uses, the way I sit she sits. Monkey see, monkey do. It's really cute.
However I think she enjoys my company mostly because I have a room filled with childish fun things. I still collect dolls, I collect action figures, and other stupid little kid things.
When she was over last, she got a good look at my Hi Glam Julia Doll. I ended up giving her the doll because I really had no need for it. I had a feeling though that she wouldn't like the doll, because I have to be honest they are sort of freaky looking, and my niece only likes 'beautiful' things. She took Julia though with a big smile on her face.
I had a hunch though that once she got to playing with the awkward doll it would end up under her bed with the slew of Ariel dolls she's got under their.
A few days ago though while visiting my sisters house though, my niece pulled out a clone of Julia. Who would of thought that she'd like these odd dolls enough to beg her mom for an additional doll.
This doll looked just like Julia, only it had straight blond hair.
The dolls name I discovered was Hi Glam Pam. The doll has huge gangly 9-10 inch legs like Julia, and came with a neon outfit that was more tacky than it was high glam.
Hi Glam Pam came with a pair of plastic neon blue boots with green fuzz on the rims of them. Her stockings are pink candy striped and come up to her thigh. Pam wears a tight mini skirt, and wears a purple sweater with the same green fuzz on the sleeves.
She also came with an additional pair of stockings, that are impossible to get onto the doll. Of course my niece asked me to put them on, but after fumbling with the Julia doll, I simply said 'they are ugly, let's keep them off, and keep the pink ones on'. She agreed.
Pam also comes with a few stupid accessories which include junk that little kids loose in just a few hours. Pam came with a bag, a map, a post card type thing that is so small and stupid, and a blue plastic lunch bag type contraption.
Pam like Julia, is also impossible to pose because the dolls legs are so long and wobbly. Sitting the doll down just looks stupid, and playing with the doll is also difficult because of her legs. My niece tried playing with her, and seemed happy with the doll, but I could definitely see her struggle with it because of it's awkward size. The doll in all is 12.5 inches tall, so it's a bit different compared to Bratz dolls, and Barbie's. Especially when the dolls legs are not sturdy.
Overall:
I doubt she will be adding another Hi Glam doll to her set. They look cute in the box, and perhaps will one day be worth something if they are kept in their boxes. As of now though, they are probably the most ridiculous looking doll on the shelves.
Pam is a cute doll, don't get me wrong, it's just too tall of a doll for a young child to maneuver and play with

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment