Sunday, July 27, 2014

International Delight Coffee Creamer, Almond Toffee, Limited Holiday Edition: Review

I've been a fan of International Delight Coffee Creamers for quite some time now. Nothing livens the taste of my morning coffee quite like International Delight does.
When the company released 3 new winter flavors of cream, I was on the look out for them all.
I got my hands on all of them, except for one. Almond Toffee. I assumed that because this flavor was never available, it was most likely good.
It took a few weeks, but I managed to scoop this flavor up about a week ago. The limited edition flavor only came in the smaller 16 ounce bottle, which always annoys me, because the price is almost the same as the larger 32 ounce bottle.
Almond Toffee comes in a neatly decorated bottle. It has the same International Delight shape to it, but the label has a penguin drawn onto it.
At Home:
I brewed myself a cup of coffee, opened the lid on International Delight Almond Toffee, and gave it a sniff. It smelled good, really good. I mostly noted a high almond smell, which I thought would taste really good in with my coffee.
I poured in my usual amount of cream, and took a sip.
Almond Toffee was disgusting. It tasted like cherries at first, and then I got a huge overpowering after taste of toffee. The mix was nasty, and I actually ended up dumping my entire cup of coffee.
It was too much to stomach. The cherry flavor, followed by a strong overpowering toffee flavor actually ruined my coffee's natural flavor. It tasted too much like candy.
I assumed I had poured in too much creamer, so I poured another cup and added only a very small swig of Almond Toffee this round.
It was the same though. Even after adding way less creamer, the cup of coffee still tasted like candy. It was too sweet, and too overpowering. I hated it.
I tried passing this one off to my sister (who usually always takes creamers I do not like, with a smile on her face), after bringing it over though, she made a yucky face. Turns out she had the same bottle of doo doo in her fridge that no one would touch.
Overall:
International Delight Almond Toffee is too strong. It's got a sugary cherry flavor followed by a strong toffee flavor, that does not mix well. I mean if cherries and toffee are your thing, then go for it.
For me though, Almond Toffee doesn't sit well with my taste buds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment