Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Littlest Pet Shop Voice-Activated Electronic Diary - Toy Review

I have become extremely fond of the hand held collectible Littlest Pet Shop Pets. The adorable little bobble head figures melt my cold heart, and always cause me to smile.
Besides them being extremely cute, and extremely affordable, I also have a hoarding problem, and collecting these little guys heals that 'missing' feeling. (I also feel I may not of had enough toys as a child?).
Anyhow, the cutest of all cuteness by far goes to the Bull Terrier Littlest Pet Shop Pet.
I wanted to get my hands on this particular Littlest Pet Shop Pet only because I myself actually have a Bull Terrier at home. One problem though, he was only being sold exclusively with the Littlest Pet Shop Voice Activated Electronic Diary. Sigh.
This electronic diary is definitely something I do not need, and I surely was not going to buy the set just for the Bull Terrier figure. I only wanted the damn dog, not the stupid plastic diary! At $24.99 for the diary, I let it sit there on the shelves. I assume that hopefully; one day Hasbro will release the Bull Terrier figure in a set of 2 for only $4.99.
Just because my sorry butt didn't get the diary, that does not mean Ms. Princess Spoiled Pants didn't! God I envy this child! My niece; yeah that girl, Ms. Spoiled Face, got the diary. I swear the little brat was rubbing it in when she whipped out her 'oh so adorable Littlest Pet Shop Voice Activated Diary'.
There he was, the Bully, the cutest of all Littlest Pet Shop Pets! There he was just an arm stretch away from being mine! She is so spoiled I am sure she wouldn't even know he was missing. I'm nearly positive. But because the diary and the Bull Terrier figure were so new, there was no way in hell I would get away with snagging the dog now.
After eyeballing her new diary, she then told me to try and open it. Not like I cared to, she's 5. She can barely for 3 letter words, there was no way this diary had anything juicy or gossip worthy inside of it.
I went ahead anyway and tried prying the pink plastic nightmare open. On top of the diary sat the Bull Terrier inside of a plastic bubble. Man how I wanted to break that stupid bubble open and take that cute puppy!
'Nope, won't open sport.'
I then handed the pink plastic thing back to her. She then yelled 'open sesame!'
The diary of course clicked open.
The Littlest Pet Shop Voice-Activated Electronic Diary is of course, voice activated. Basically it means that if the pink plastic diary doesn't hear your voice it will not open.
I then took the diary back, and closed it. I tried copying her voice as I said 'open sesame'. I was surprised; this diary was pretty good. I am good with voice impersonations, and the thing didn't budge...it did do something though.
It barked at me. Loudly!
Now I get the whole concept. The dog is attached to the diary to guard it. Cute how they choose the Bull Terrier to be the guard dog...because our Bully is the biggest mush there is.
If the diary does not recognize your voice it will bark at you! I must say, the whole thing was pretty freaking adorable. How could I steal it?! I couldn't...could I?
More:
The Littlest Pet Shop Voice-Activated Electronic Diary comes with 20 sheets of paper, a sheet of littlest pet shop stickers.
When you have the diary open there is a small button that you can press inside. When the button is pressed the Bull Terrier will move around and interact with you...or your, umm...kid.
Overall:
By far this is the cutest little invention that has ever come from the Littlest Pet Shop collection. It is a must have for Littlest Pet Shop Pet collectors, and would truly make a unique gift for a young girl in her teens and pre teens. -Rumor has it that owners of Bull Terriers will love it as well (hint, hint).
Pricing and availability:
You can pick up the diary at any local toy store for around $25.00. Walmart sells it right now for $24.44. There are 2 different colored diaries on the market as of now. Nothing is truly different about them besides colors of the dogs. However, if you are buying it for the picky kid, ask before you buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment