Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review: 6 LED Color Changing Star Stringlight

Going green can be expensive, however LED lighting is not only an energy saving Christmas light display solution, but the lights also look ten times better than regular energy sucking lights.

We're going all out this year, and everyday we're adding something new to our outdoor light display.

However we forgot about the indoor lights. Outside looks like a light wonderland...but inside, there is not a single light.

We needed something to add some holiday cheer to the actual house, so I picked up a set of 6 LED Sparkling Star String lights. The 6 stars change color.

I found the set at Target, and nearly had a heart attack when I discovered that these lights were $24.99!

I opened the box to see what the big deal was. I mean yeah they looked cool, but were they that cool? Indeed, they were.

Inside of the box stringed together were 6 star bursts. The star bursts appeared to be made of glass, or crystal. They were gorgeous, and they were not even plugged in. I had this hunch that once they were plugged in they would be absolutely stunning.

I plugged the set into an in store available outlet, and my eyes were greeted with a twinkling set of lights. The star bursts glowed like nothing I had ever seen before. The crystal like bursts changed colors before my eyes, from blue, to green, to red, orange, and yellow. The lights then began to dance in a colorful sequin.

I didn't have to see any more. I knew that they were coming home with me.

At home I showed the lights off to my mom, and from there we had to figure out where we would put them. I wanted them outside, because they were unique, and I knew no one else in their right minds would spend such a heap of cash on lights. I also knew though that if I put them outside I'd risk having them stolen. (We live in a part of town that is well known for holiday display theft).

Instead we tacked them into our kitchen window and let the bursts hang from there. My mom was impressed, and she, like me, thought that the star bursts were made of glass. She had to take a small bite into one of the bursts to figure out what they were made of.

It was sad discovering they were plastic...but either way, they fooled the eyes into believing that the bursts were made of glass. No biggie.
 
We then plugged them in, and let them do their magic. The bursts lit up, and slowly the colors would fade into other colors. Blue, green, red, orange yellow. After this sequin they then flashed rapidly giving off a icy rainbow of colors. After quickly flashing, the bursts then took turns blinking from color to color in a slower flashing manner. After that, they then went back to slowly fading in and out. This was my favorite setting.

What sucked was that you couldn't choose a setting. They flashed whether you liked it or not. Don't get me wrong though, the flashing was still gorgeous, but it would of been nice to set the bursts to one solid color. For $24.99 one would think they had an option (you know, the little dials that come on some more expensive string lights that gives you options to set the lights to flashing, solid, or dancing?), but there were not options. I would of loved to have been able to set the star bursts to just blue, because when the lights flash onto the blue color it gives off a gorgeous indigo color, that actually looks like a frozen snowflake.

Overall:
 
The 6 LED Color Changing Star String light set is gorgeous. The set is a bit pricey, but in my opinion it was totally worth it. There is no other string set like it. It's actually a sexy light set, as odd as that may sound. It is a must for those who are serious about Christmas lighting, and those seeking out unique lights that others just don't bother spending the money on.

Where To Buy:
 
You can pick up a set at any local Target.

-TIP-
 
Make SURE you open the box and check the bursts before just coughing up the money. There were a bunch of boxes of these lights, and the first box I opened actually had a bunch of broken star bursts in them. The bursts are fragile, so check before you purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment