Sunday, July 13, 2014

Review of Whirlpool 25.0 Cu. Ft. French 4 Door Refrigerator - Model WRX735SDBM

We moved into our home a few months ago, and it has been a never ending job when it comes to updating it. The kitchen was the most expensive update we knew we would eventually have to tackle, but we did not want to go ahead and start installing new cabinets without having purchased new appliances first.

Our home came with just the bare minimum when it came to kitchen appliances. They included a hideous ancient looking year old fridge with drawers taped up using electric tape, and broken shelves. Don't even get me started on the stove!

At any rate, seeing how the fridge still worked, we went ahead and used it until we could no longer bear to have shelves falling out as we opened it. I began to research new refrigerators, and after finding tons of foul reviews on the eye candy known as Samsung, I decided that I would skip out on their name brand, considering how my $2,000 HDTV fried out in a year.

Steering away from Samsung, I found myself looking into Whirlpool products. The only reason I wanted a Whirlpool was due to their high ratings on appliances, and of course one feature on a particular fridge had me sold, sold, sold!

The Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM, comes with not just 3 doors, but 4. It had 2 french doors at the very top, a middle drawer for deli meats, cheeses, and whatever else I wanted to store in it, and of course at the very bottom we have a freezer drawer that pulls out.

The middle drawer can be organized to allow for spacing out of different foods. You can fit meats and cheeses in one are, drinks in another, or yogurts and snack foods in another area. Basically it is a nifty a neat addition to the fridge, and primarily why I wanted this model so badly.


What I particularly like about this middle draw is that when you open the top portion of the fridge you can see right through the glass shelf to view what is inside of it, without even having to open it.


The freezer bottom has one pull out basket, and one stationary area below that. This provides for ample amount of storage for frozen foods, and everything can be laid out in an organized way thanks to the way these draws are divided.


We decided on this model not only because it looked like an attractive fridge, but because it makes organizing foods so much easier.


Putting the shelves together in the main refrigerator part beyond the top french doors was simple and fun, and allowed for me to get creative when it came to where I wanted to place the shelves. If you need more room on one side of the fridge you can simply click the shelves out of place and click them in elsewhere to give yourself the best use of space needed. This was a beyond convenient addition.

Another convenient addition are the 2 inner deli draws for other items such as meats, or cheeses. It all depends on how you want to store things. We have used these draws for deli meats and fruits and vegetables. The best part about these draws are that you can place them where you want them.

The ice maker and water dispenser works perfectly, with no issues. I had read other reviews online with people stating the ice maker does not make enough ice. This has not at all been the case for me, nor has noise been an issue.

Aside from the extra middle draw on this fridge, I wanted this particular model due to the silly fact that it also had a water system, and ice maker. You can have your ice cubed and crushed. I liked the fact that the crushed ice option was available, and of course that the water system allows you to measure out water. It will deliver exactly what you want or need. We use this nifty feature for cooking quite often.

There of course are some cons when it comes to this particular fridge however. The first being the side shelves on the french doors. In my older fridge, there was plenty of space to put ketchup bottles, soda, and other small items on the side door draws. This fridge does indeed have plenty of space, but the height restrictions create a bit of a problem.


I can fit dressing bottles, smaller bottles of mustards and spreads, but things like soda bottles, syrup bottles and taller items do not make the cut. I have gotten used to it, and it only posed an issue at the very beginning when I was moving items from the old fridge to this one.

The next issue I suppose would be the way the ice comes out. You really have to hold your cup up high to ensure that ice does not spill over the top of your cup and land on the floor making a small mess. This really is only an issue on the crushed cube mode.


My biggest issue however with the Whirlpool Refrigerator WRX735SDBM is that I did not know in the store that the sides of the fridge were not stainless steel. It was lined up next to other refrigerators so we were not able to see what was hidden beyond.

For nearly a $2,000 price tag after taxes, we expected a full stainless steel fridge. We plan on building cabinets around it, so it will not matter so much, but for right now it bothers me because it seems like an old cheap fridge with a really cool stainless faceplate on it.


Overall:
 
We have had no issues with this fridge since getting it. I love the way everything is so organized, and how even when the fridge is full it still has room for more. It is truly a space saver, and looks fantastic in the kitchen! I clearly would have liked the sides though to be all stainless steel to match the rest of it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment