Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review: Shoe Spinners, Walk N Roll Shoes

I absolutely hated Heeley's (the sneakers with the one wheel in the bottom of the sole towards the back of the shoe), they were hard to maintain balance, and they were dangerous due to the fact that balancing on the heel of your foot to skate around was too hard to do without taking a spill.
I came across Spinner sneakers at my local Walmart this past weekend. When I saw them I fell in love with the actual shoe first. When I flipped them over I realized that they had not one, but two wheels on the bottom of the shoe. This basically meant that Spinner's would be a hell of a lot easier to skate around on without loosing balance and falling.
One problem though...they only had children's sizes. I searched through the stacks of Spinner's and searched for at least a size 8. The largest size I was able to find them in were a 7. My usual size is an 8-8.5. I assumed there was no way in hell I would be able to comfortably wear a size 7.
I opened the box anyways, and looked at the shoe. The size 7's looked big...in fact, big enough for my feet. Just to test it, I put the shoe on. There was room, and room left over...plenty of it.
Now usually I would never ever fit in a child's size 7...I knew that these shoes were bigger than the number size placed on them.
I bought them of course. Heeley's would of cost me $55.00-$65.00; and the Walmart Spinner's only were $20.00, and designed better! Hot deal!
Appearance:
I ended up walking away with the girl version of Spinners. They are pink and white in color, with a cute logo S (for Spinners) on the outer side of the shoe.
Spinner's come in other colors such as black and pink, or black and silver for boys.
The two wheels on the bottom of the shoe can be removed using a screw driver. The tool does not come with the shoes, and it appears to be quite annoying to screw and unscrew the wheels each time you want to walk without the wheels.
My Use:
At home I tied the Spinners tightly and made my way outside. Walking was a bit difficult, and I sort of had to tippy toe, otherwise I could loose balance. It took a bit of practice, and eventually I was able to comfortably find a way to walk in them without falling.
Balancing on the Spinners was a hell of a lot easier then what I recalled from Heeley's. Both wheels are positioned toward to back end of the shoe, when you raise your front foot up slightly you roll.
I found that the easiest places to roll were on clean flat surfaces. Carpets create lag and do not allow you to skate at all. Linoleum also slows you down, as does gravel.
Home Depot was like a giant skating rink for me. Fun till I got caught. Other places that really make Spinner's come to life include shopping centers, supermarkets, and so on. Careful for the employees though, they tend to bat an evil eye at those on sneakers with wheels. Some may even kick you out. Hehehe!
Overall it took me about 20 minutes to fully feel comfortable with the shoe. This 20 minutes includes learning how to walk in them while the wheels are on, learning how to roll with them, and learning how to stop. Although the first 20 minutes are like a self taught tutorial...it's as fun as hell.
Final Opinion:
Spinner's are probably the funnest freaking shoes I have ever owned. I loved skating in the big 80's, so it was apparent as to why I would fall in love with these shoes.
Balancing is easy; thanks to the two wheels. The appearance of the shoe is stylish and adorable. The shoe is also extremely comfortable, which is surprising because I'm never able to find a comfortable pair of shoes.
Best of all though, the shoes designed for kids, fit my feet. I'm normally a size 8/8.5...so for those with this shoe size, I can safely say that the size 7 will fit, with room to spare.
For $20.00 you seriously cannot find better. They may not be 100% safe from injury, but they are a hell of a lot safer then those horrendous Heeley's.
Christmas is around the corner, and I feel that Spinner's would make an awesome gift for young and old alike. (Just not too old).
-You can pick up a pair of Spinner's at any local Walmart, or online.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment